Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Saturday, May 02, 2009
1. Ms. America - She had an opinion, she voiced it. Grow the fuck up. I disagree with her opinion too, but it's hers and I like people who voice their own thoughts. Not that Ms America is something to be taken very seriously, but why is Perez a judge anyway?
2. Swine Flu or N1H1R2D2 or what ever it's called - Stop whining! The regular flu kills a lot of damn people on its own. The media needs you to be scared of something so that way you'll watch the news. I'm curious, how many would really know there is a recession if the news didn't tell you? I bet not very many. Until we are living in shanty towns again, stop acting like it's the great depression. It's not even close. People are still bitching if their HD signal isn't all that HD. I know, because I am one. The same thing is happening with this flu. Wash your damn hands and don't worry about it.
3. Twitter - I think the idea is kind of lame, but I really don't care about it. It's not much different than blogging I guess. John Mayer's is pretty funny though.
4. Penguins lost to the Capitals. Heartache.
Peace, Love and Happiness!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
"I have pinpointed the moment that a person passes from adolescence into adulthood—The moment when you stop thinking that any Dave Matthews Band lyric is insightful or deep.
If you never thought any Dave Matthews Band lyric was insightful or deep, you are an old soul."
I guess it's over. My youth was a good time and I enjoyed it very much. I face my age everyday when I'm around my much younger classmates, but this, this just hurts!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Pause. I just noticed that I'm working my way up the casino prestige ladder. I first went to a casino in Biloxi, Mississippi, then it was off to Atlantic City, next stop should be Vegas followed by Monte Carlo. Resume.
I'm not a big gambler, I never really cared because I always knew that the odds were greater that I would lose more money than gain. (See what I just did there?) If I did gamble, it was small time and only with money that I could handle loosing. So when The Lady expressed that we go, I was a little skeptical, but I said yes. All in all we only lost about $20, so it was a good day. The kicker came at the Blackjack table.
I have never played Blackjack outside of my friend's kitchen table. I know the basic rules, but I haven't a clue about the strategy. However, I always had a James Bond fantasy to sit at a table and play some cards, so we did. After finding the lowest minimum table we could find ($10) we sat down and placed our bet. The first couple hands were OK; mostly because the dealer did the math for me. Then the dealer instructed me on how to "properly" signal to hit or stay. Well I didn't hear him and the guy across the table decided to yell it. Fucker. Fine. I learned. Then the guy starts bitching about when I'm hitting or staying. Shut the hell up. It's my money. I played my $60 and left.
I'm not really mad at the guy or the dealer or anyone. It was simply more embarrassing than anything. I've decided that it won't happen again either. I found a few websites that I can practice and learn the strategies. Who knew that the game with the least amount of cards could be so complicated? Oh well, I'll be ready for Monte Carlo in about six months, give or take a few.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
- I Love Potato Pancakes! Followed by, Me Too! And then, Who doesn't? Well, I don't. I've never had a potato pancake. Growing up, Mom never made one for me. Is this a Mid-West thing or an Ohio thing, like that Hang On Sloopy song? If you don't know, I'm sure you've heard the song, the chorus goes "Haaaang on Sloopy/Sloopy hang on" to which a bunch of Ohio people start yelling "O! H! I! O!" congratulations, you can spell. When I asked the meaning of the song, I was greated with blank stares. I hate Cleveland.
- The obligatory Chris + Kelley with a heart around their names. What a perfect set of suburban names. I wonder if they're still together driving mini vans with apple juice stains in the back seat from the kids. I'm sure that Chris wanted to consummate their relationship in his or her dorm room, but being the good Catholic Ohio girl, she made him wait a few months, weeks, maybe even days!
- My personal favorite: Are you on ur period? Maybe this was the result of Chris telling Kelley that he'd pull out but didn't quite make it in time and now they're a little worried. Would it be wrong if I said, for his sake I hope that she is on her period? Maybe the professor was especially bitchy that day and it had nothing to do with Chris and Kelley. I've never really met and angry woman on her period, mostly they're just more emotional, if that's even possible.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
In other news I've been giving you videos to watch because I'm in college and I write a lot and I'm a little writing fatigued. Look at the bright side, you can have something to entertain you while you should be working. Because, that is the true reason that man created the interwebs!