Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Urban Cowboy

I haven't written anything in a long time, and I have the feeling people don't even stop by anymore. I guess it's because nothing has really peaked my interest lately. I don't have any emotional filled rants to give. So...
Last week I went to Havelock, NC, home of Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point. That was so desolate and sad looking. I've gotten so used to the "big city" that small towns make me laugh. I don't know if I could take living in small town U.S.A. anymore. Although part of me wants to live in a place where my biggest problem or fear is the politics at the Mason Lodge, but part of me loves the feel of the urban. The traffic, the noise, the glass and concrete, sometimes even the anonymity of the city. I love the diverse cultures of the shops and restaurants. The choices of entertainment, the fact that there is entertainment. I'm sure as I move along in life I'll want the quiet life, but right now I'm drawn to places like Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Tampa, and even New Orleans, when it dries out and is rebuilt, better than before I'm sure. I had thought of moving to New Orleans earlier this year, I guess I'll have to wait, but I still just might make it happen. I fell in love with the Crescent City when I was there and I can't wait to go back again, even if it's only for a visit, because then the novelty doesn't wear off.