Saturday, August 06, 2005

My So Called Life.

I haven't done this in a long time so I guess if anyone is still reading then you'll be happy for the update. I thought this was going to be easy, but as we get wrapped up in our daily life it's easy to forget about something like this or be like me and have nothing worth writing about. Since there are no issues really touching my soul, other than the ones I already had addressed anyway, I'll just put some stuff in here that I've been thinking about lately and we'll discuss via phone or comment section. Seems as though I write more in CJ's comments than I do my own page.
Music:
I've bought a few good ones lately. Shakira's "Fijacion Oral" which is all in Spanish, but it's still enjoyable to me. I like music from all over and I hate classifying it, it's music. This girl has got a voice on her I don't know everything she's saying, but I don't care either, well I care, but in my humble opinion just listening is enough and I'm impressed. I also bought The Killers' "Hot Fuss" this band is a flash back to the 80's sound, which is good being that I'm a child of the 80's and I love 80's "pop" music. I encourage all to check these out and who knows maybe you too will have "expanded your musical horizons!"
I was watching TV the other night and there was a documentary on Sun Records, for those that don't know what that is; it was an independent label who recorded Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, and many others very early in their careers. Many of these musicians probably wouldn't have gotten the breaks they did if not for Sun. Well, while watching this I really started thinking about what true revolutionaries these guys where. No one had a sound like that before and it has endured and influenced for the past 50 years. To me that is so amazing that a truck driver wanted to hear him self on tape and ignited a whole new style of music. I started downloading (legally) some of these songs and I've heard most of them before, but never realized how good they still are. I also encourage all to take another listen to some of the late 50's and early 60's Rock&Roll.
Movies:
Is it just me or do movies really suck lately. Is Hollywood out of ideas? They either feed us remakes or complete crap. Don't get me wrong there are good ones out there that are enjoyable to watch, but there's no Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Gone With The Wind type movies out there and it's really sad. There hasn't been one in a long time, for me anyway, that when it was done, I just sat there and just let it all soak in because it was that good.

I watched a movie called "Suicide Kings" and that was entertaining, but one that I can never see again and I won't mind really. I've got "Ladder 49" staring at me so I'm going to watch that and I'll give a report later.
Tony Stewart is on a rampage and Adam and Q are happy as can be! I'm going to Atlanta this October and I hope I finally get to be at a race that he wins and not just leads the most laps.