Saturday, January 03, 2009

They Will Come and They Will Go

Happy New Year. It seems '08 was rough on a lot of people, I didn't really see it as bad. I would have done a lot of things differently, but overall it was pretty decent. Hope this year is a good one. If it's not, do your damnest to make it that way.

I just got back from the 'burgh where I watched my Penguins get dropped by the Bruins. I hate taking road trips to see my team lose. That part sucks. The rest of the trip was good. It was my Lady's first trip to the old Mellon Arena. That place is a dump, but it's ours and we love it. In talking with the Lady I opined that the new sports arenas don't have character anymore. Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago, Buffalo, and many more all had unique arenas, but new ones were, or are being, built and now they're basically interchangeable and indistinguishable from each other. However, they are a lot more comfortable to watch a game in.

I bought Q and I tickets for a hockey game involving our local minor league team for his birthday. This is nice, because the tickets where $26 bucks each. The Penguins tickets were almost $90 each. Eek! Of course they'll charge these prices and we'll pay it and bitch about it.

The worst for me was while searching for the birthday hockey tickets, I saw that Fleetwood Mac is on tour. I would love to see them. I have re-discovered them and I just simply adore them. The catch is that the tickets are $149 a piece. WTF? How much to these things need to be? Who sets these prices? Again, people will pay it and the shows will be sold out. If I had a bigger pay check, I'd be there too. Even with my small check I was concidering going, but the Lady said she would throw shit at me or something if I did. It's still tempting though!!!! I guess we'll just have to enjoy this instead. My favorite song, "Dreams."