Saturday, September 08, 2007

Cleaning Break

This is the first year since 2002 that I have not attended a Dave Matthews Band concert. What the hell? This has been a summer time tradition! It was also the best way to get rid of a girl who I was dating and it even ended a marriage. I say that because I never took the same girl twice. The ex-wife was the first and they all just followed suit from there.

I think the reason that I didn't go this year is because the closest shows to me are either Philly or the other side of DC. It's not just a quick drive to the Beach and back home or to bars or where ever. No it's like a three hour pilgrimage and I guess I just wasn't willing to make it. I did get to see them do a three song set at Live Earth, so I guess that will have to do.

Maybe next summer I'll get back on track and maybe, just maybe, I'll have a repeat accomplice to the show, but I won't hold my breath!

Back to vacuuming the apartment now!